- Meet future employers and colleagues through regional and national conferences and events.
Access to Professional Chapters/Sections in local area
- ASM also boasts over 90 professional chapters world wide! Ideal for assistance with technical issues, job searching, relocating, getting involved as well as networking, the heart of ASM lies in its professional chapters. For a full list, or to find the chapter nearest to you, please visit: ASM International’s Professional Chapters.
- In support of its mission, TMS disseminates information to the metals/materials community through division networks. There are five divisions through which TMS derives its strength. From these divisions, members take a hands-on approach to shape the policy, programming, and publications of the society by volunteering to serve.
- ACerS offers a number of technical divisions, U.S. Sections, and International Chapters that offer professional support to students. For more information or to join one, contact Yolanda Natividad.
- AIST offers 30 Technology Committees that address specific process, engineering, equipment and reliability technologies associated with the iron and steel industry. In addition, AIST’s 22 Local Member Chapters provide unique opportunities for members to meet locally and engage with peers in the steel industry.
Access to/add-on memberships of affiliate societies/technical organizations
- ASM International’s Affiliate Societies
ASM offers six affiliate society membership options: The ASM Heat Treating Society (HTS), the ASM Thermal Spray Society (TSS), the International Metallographic Society (IMS), the Electronic Device Failure Analysis Society (EDFAS), the International Organization on Shape Memory and Superelastic Technologies (SMST), and the ASM Failure Analysis Society (FAS) for specialized interest areas.
- ACerS Classes