- Over $800,000 in scholarships and grants is available to Material Advantage members through the individual partner societies and Material Advantage program!
- Members receive access to the “Members Only” area of each partner society’s website. A unique username and password to each website provides access to membership directories, as well as many other resources and benefits.
- Every student member receives online access to all four partner organizations’ monthly magazine/journal: The American Ceramic Society’s Bulletin (ACerS), Iron & Steel Technology (AIST), Advanced Materials & Processes (ASM), and JOM (TMS). Student members will be mailed a print copy of the following issues:
- AIST: March and October
- TMS: March and October
- ACerS: Students may request (by email) to receive the magazine by mail (in print).
- ASM: Students may request (through a link which will be sent via email) to receive the magazine by mail (in print).
- Qualify for Room Monitor positions at society meetings to help defray the costs of attending
- Receive free access to ACerS’ ceramicSOURCE products/services and company directory, ASM’s Desk Editions, and the PE Study Guide.
- Free access to AIST’s www.SteelLinks.com and www.SteelNews.com.
- Qualify for discounted registration fees to ACerS, AIST, ASM and TMS sponsored meetings and short courses.
Best Practice: Getting the most out of conferences
- Qualify for discounted pricing on books, papers, CDs, software, videos, and more.
- Receive free electronic access to TMS archival journals Metallurgical and Materials Transactions (A and B) and Journal of Electrical Materials (JEM), and qualify for discounts on print subscriptions.
- Access to a variety of scholarships and awards plus the eligibility to compete in a number of society-sponsored contests.
- Place position-wanted ads in Advanced Materials and Processes for a minimal charge.
- Apply for an ASM Visa card through MBNA.
- Subscribe to insurance at a low member rate through ASM.
- Subscribe to Business Week at a low subscription rate.